Skip to page body Home City Hall Residents Business Visitors Services Weho TV
icon of current weather  Fri, October 9, Fair, 84˚F

Your marriage ceremony may be performed by any of the following:

  • An ordained minister, religious official, or Notary Public who has permission to perform marriages.
  • All judicial officers (Judges) of the State of Nevada
  • Chaplains of the Armed Forces

Our Carson City Justice of the Peace(s) are unavailable to perform marriages Monday thru Friday.  There will be a Judge available on Saturdays for one hour, no appointment is needed.  Be sure to bring along one witness.  The Judge's fee is $75.00 (cash only).  Call the Marriage Office at 775-887-2084 prior to that day to find out the available time.

Most churches and commercial wedding chapels use only authorized officiants but we suggest you confirm that the minister is properly authorized.  Couples may check the state-wide data base of authorized officiants.  Please click here.  If you do not find your officiant's name, please call the Marriage Bureau Office at 775-887-2084.

An out-of-state minister or religious official may obtain permission to perform a single marriage ceremony in the State of Nevada.  Please call the Marriage Bureau Office at 775-887-2084 for information on how to apply.

Your marriage ceremony may be performed at any wedding chapel, church, or anywhere your marriage officiant is willing to perform the marriage ceremony in the State of Nevada.  The marriage license expires one year from the date of issuance.   

After the ceremony, the marriage certificate will be returned by the person who performed the marriage, to the Carson City Recorder within 10 days after the wedding.  This office records marriages daily.  Your recorded marriage certificate(s) will be returned to the address indicated on the license.

Last updated: 4/8/2015 11:44:52 AM