Road Report as of May 26, 2016. The following information applies to the period of May 30 - June 5:
Work will continue on the Downtown Corridor improvement project on Carson Street. For details regarding traffic impacts, please refer to the material provided in local media outlets or go to www.carsonproud.com for more information. These sources are updated weekly throughout the duration of the project.
Lane closures with flagger controlled traffic at the following locations due to utility/road work from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.:
• College Parkway near the I-580 bypass intersection, westbound lanes will be reduced, until Tuesday May 31
• Center Drive south of Clear Creek Avenue to Topsy Lane, Monday-Friday
• Christmas Tree Drive, Desert Peach Drive, Snowflake Drive, Stephen Court, Briar Crest Court, Tulip Court, Montelena Court, Pin Oak Drive, and Homann Way, Monday-Thursday
Road closures expected at the following locations due to utility/road work please follow detours:
• Long Street between Division and Mountain Streets, Tuesday-Wednesday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Mountain Street between Fleischmann Way and Long Street, Tuesday-Wednesday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Curry Street between Tenth and Rhodes Streets, Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Lompa Lane between Carmine Street and College Parkway, Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Topsy Lane between Center Drive and U.S. 395, Monday-Sunday, for all hours, local traffic only
• Race Track Road and Bigelow Drive south of Snyder Avenue, Monday-Sunday, for all hours, local track only
• Jeanell Drive between Winnie Lane and Michael Drive, Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Anderson Street between Robinson and Caroline Streets Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• The following roads will be impacted by race runners, two-way traffic will be maintained, on Saturday June 4 in the morning: U.S. Hwy 395, Topsy Lane, Vista Grande Blvd, Old Clear Creek Rd, Snyder Ave, Appion Wy, Silver Sage Dr, Clearview Dr, Eagle Station Ln, Roop St, Fifth St, Carson St, Robinson St, College Pkwy, Retail Dr, Barnhard Wy, Goin Rd, Arrowhead Dr, and U.S. Hwy 50.
• Curry Street between Fourth and King Streets, Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Northbound U.S. 395 between Clear Creek Avenue and Snyder Avenue will be reduced from three to two lanes until June 10
Periodic, nighttime, lane and ramp closures will take place on southbound I-580 and alternate U.S. 395 in southern Washoe Valley throughout the summer, includes northbound and southbound ramp closures for Bellevue Bridge and southbound ramp closures south of Eastlake Blvd.
Extended paving sessions, on I-580 in Washoe Valley, are scheduled through the next few weekends and for weekend hours to avoid impacting weekday commute travel.
Dirk Goering, AICP
Senior Transportation Planner
Carson City Public Works Department/
Carson Area Metropolitan Planning Organization
3505 Butti Way
Carson City, NV 89701