Road Report as of November 25, 2015. The following information applies to the period of November 30 - December 6:
NDOT will continue work on the construction of an auxiliary lane on southbound I-580 from the Eastlake Boulevard interchange to the N. Carson Street off-ramp. There will be nightly lane closures from 7:00 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. beginning Sunday evening, November 29, through Friday morning, December 4. In addition, the Eastlake/Hobart southbound on-ramp will be closed during these times and detours will be signed.
On Monday, November 30, and Tuesday, December 1, there will be temporary traffic control at the southeast corner of Division Street and Second Street. Two-way traffic will be maintained.
Utility work will continue Monday through Friday as indicated below, 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., with possible flagger controlled traffic at the following locations:
• Mountain Street between Fleischmann Way and Long Street. Road will be closed Monday through Friday. There will be business access from Washington Street.
• Division Street between Fleischmann Way and Long Street.
• Fleischmann Way between Mountain Street and Division Street.
• Long Street between Mountain Street and Division Street.
• Sierra Circle, Hillside Way, Miller Way, Pine View Way, and Lane Circle.
Washington Street will be closed to traffic between Stewart and Walsh Streets Monday through Friday as a result of the East/West Water Transmission Project.
On Tuesday, December 8, and Wednesday, December 9, Hillview Drive will be closed to through traffic at the Clearview Drive intersection to approximately 100 yards to the south from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Race Track Road will be closed to through traffic between Bigelow Drive and Schulz Drive for the entire week.
There will be utility work on the north shoulder of Snyder Avenue between Oak Street and Bigelow Drive Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
There will be work on Cochise Street between Roventini Way and Overland Street Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Two-way traffic will be maintained.
The following road closures will occur on Saturday, December 5, from 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., unless otherwise noted, due to a special event:
• Telegraph Street between Carson Street and Curry Street (Friday, December 4, from 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.).
• Curry Street between Musser Street and Robinson Street.
• Plaza Street between Musser Street and the Nugget.
• Telegraph Street between Curry Street and Plaza Street.
• Proctor Street between Curry Street and Plaza Street.
• Carson Street will remain open, but access to Telegraph and Proctor Streets will be prohibited. Please use caution.
Dan Doenges, PTP
Senior Transportation Planner
Carson City Public Works Department/
Carson Area Metropolitan Planning Organization
3505 Butti Way
Carson City, NV 89701