Road Report as of October 23, 2014. The following information applies to the period of October 27 - November 2:
Beginning Monday, October 27, through Thursday, October 30, there will be maintenance work along S. Edmonds Drive between Fairview Drive and Clearview Drive. There will be flagger controlled traffic with minor delays expected.
Lane closures with traffic control are expected at the following locations due to utility work:
• Monday, October 27, through Wednesday, October 29, on Goni Road north of Arrowhead Drive and on Arrowhead Drive east of Goni Road.
• Wednesday, October 29, on Lompa Lane south of College Parkway and on Lompa Lane south of Sherman Lane.
• Monday, October 27, through Friday, October 31, on Fairview Drive south of Butti Way and on Fairview Drive south of the Fifth Street roundabout.
The Nevada Department of Transportation will be completing road work on US 50 from Arrowhead Drive in Carson City to Baldwine Lane in Mound House. There will be intermittent lane closures in both directions.
There will be work primarily in the shoulder E. Fifth Street from Parkland Avenue to Saliman Road from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. from Monday through Friday. Elaine Street will remain closed to through traffic from Monday through Sunday. Please follow marked detour.
Beginning Monday, October 27, through Wednesday, October 29, Calaveras Drive will have one lane of traffic with flaggers just east of Bulette Drive from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
On Monday, October 27, the sidewalk on the west side of Carson Street will be closed between Telegraph Street and Proctor Street.
The following road closures will occur on Saturday, November 1, due to the Nevada Day Parade:
• Carson Street between Winnie Lane and Stewart Street from 7:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• Curry Street between Musser Street and Spear Street from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Telegraph Street for one block on both sides of Carson Street from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on the west side and 2:00 p.m. to midnight on the east side.
• Spear Street between Carson Street and Curry Street from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Proctor Street between Carson Street and Curry Street from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
There is a night bicycle ride on Friday, October 31, on the west side of Carson Street from Fleischmann Way to Fourth Street from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. There will not be any lane closures, but please use caution.
Daniel Doenges, PTP
Senior Transportation Planner
Carson City Public Works
3505 Butti Way
Carson City, NV 89701