All documents submitted to the Civil Division are on a C.O.D. basis.
Our mailing address is:
Carson City Sheriff’s Office
Attn: Civil Division
911 E. Musser St.
Carson City, NV 89701
Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope if any documents are to be returned to you.
If we are unable to serve the documents, we will retain the fee for the attempts made.
For additional information and requirements regarding garnishments, please see Garnishments
Small Claims Affidavit and Order $ 17.00 + mileage
Summons and Complaint $ 19.00 + mileage
Orders/Motions $ 15.00 + mileage
Notice (one) $ 26.00 + mileage
Notice (2-10) $ 20.00 + mileage
Notice (11-24) $ 17.00 + mileage
Subpoena $ 15.00 + mileage
Petitions $ 17.00 + mileage
Execution/Writ - garnishment $ 32.00 + mileage
Writ of Possession/Restitution $ 21.00 + mileage
Bond/Undertaking $ 5.00
Posting/Property Sales (per posting) $ 15.00 + mileage
Mileage (one way only/not to exceed $20.00) $ 2.00 per mile
Go to www.mapquest.com
Enter the starting address of: 911 East Musser Street
Enter the address for service
Click on ‘shortest distance’
Click on ‘get directions’
Multiply the number of total miles times $2.00, not to exceed 10 miles
Add the mileage to the base fee for the total amount due
In the past, we have made accommodations for incomplete garnishment packets. The follow up phone calls, production of copies and other activities associated with processing incomplete packets has impacted our ability to quickly process garnishments for all of our clients. To help us improve our service, we will now require that packets be complete. If they are incomplete, they will be immediately sent back. The following is a list of items that must be included in garnishment packets:
· Please insure that the service address is located within Carson City. Mailing addresses do not insure actual garnishee (employer) location. Carson City addresses with the following zip codes may actually be located in other jurisdictions:
89706 (could be Lyon County)
· Letter of Instruction to the Sheriff, which must include the defendant’s last known address.
· Original, electronic filing copy or Certified Copy of Writ of Execution plus 3 copies.
· Service fee check in the correct amount, made payable to the Carson City Sheriff’s Office. For correct service fee information, please see Cost/Fee Schedule
· $5.00 check made payable to the garnishee (employer) or bank. For those going to the State of Nevada, the check must be made payable to State of Nevada.
· Pursuant to Nevada Revised Statutes, no Social Security Number may be listed on any documents, including the Letter of Instruction.
· Notice of Execution must be included with the Writ.
Please contact us @ (775) 887-2500 during normal business hours Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding weekends and holidays.