Property & Income Tax Adjustments
Property loss may entitle you to deductions on your income tax. Information is available from:
Internal Revenue Service
Nevada Department of Taxation
Carson City Treasurer
Plan and Prepare
Follow these simple rules to spot possible safety problems
- Install smoke detectors on each floor of your home.
- Learn to recognize the sound of the alarm.
- Make sure detectors are placed near bedrooms.
- Install them 6-12 inches below the ceiling on the wall.
- Locate smoke detectors away from air vents.
- Vacuum the grill work of your smoke detector.
- Test your smoke detector every month.
Electrical Check list
- Check all household items to prevent shock or fire.
- Electrical Cords
- Replace frayed or cracked cords.
- Remove cords from under carpeting or furniture.
- Avoid overloading extension cords.
- Read the label on (UL) or (FM) approved cords for proper electrical rating.
- Replace or repair appliances that do not operate properly.
- Plug in portable appliances only when in use.
- Do not cut the third prong off your appliance plug. The third prong is there to prevent electric shock.
- When you shop for appliances or tools, look for recognizable Underwriters Laboratories (UL) label or Factory Mutual (FM) label.
- Unnecessarily high wattage may lead to fire through overheating.
- Replace with a bulb of the correct type and wattage.
- If you are not sure, only use a 60 watt bulb.