PLAN SUBMITTAL INFORMATION:
The Building Division as adopted by the City of Carson City enforces the provisions of the following codes:
- 2012 International Building Code
- 2012 International Residential Building Code
- 2012 International Existing Building Code
- 2012 Uniform Plumbing Code
- 2012 Uniform Mechanical Code
- 2011 National Electrical Code
- 2012 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2012 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code
- 2012 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2009 International Code Council ANSI A117.1
- 2012 International Fire Code
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2012 Wildland Urban Interface Code
- CCMC Title 15 - Building and Construction
- 2012 Northern Nevada Amendments
- 2015 Northern Nevada Energy Code Amendments
- 2012 Northern Nevada Fire Amendments
These codes are minimum standards for construction and fire safety. In addition to the adopted technical codes, there are requirements and regulations enforced by other City Departments and State Agencies.
Plans and specifications must be of sufficient clarity to indicate the location, nature, and extent of the work proposed and shown in detail that it will conform to the provisions of the technical codes and all relevant laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations.
Any revisions or additions to the plans, once the Building permit has been issued, need to made on the original drawing and new blueprints or photocopies submitted along with a $65.00 revision plan check fee.
The information provided below is to assist applicants by making them aware of general requirements and regulations and is by no means inclusive of all regulations that may affect their project.