For child support assistance, please call (775) 448-5150.
On December 10, 2007, all child support enforcement services previously processed by the Carson City District Attorney's Office were transferred to the State of Nevada, Division of Welfare and Supportive Services.
The State office may be contacted at the following address:
The Division of Welfare and Supportive Services
Child Support Enforcement Program
Reno Program Area Office
300 E. Second Street, Suite 1200
Reno, NV 89501
Applications for child support enforcement may be obtained in Carson City at the following locations:
Welfare & Supportive Services
1470 College Parkway, #122
Carson City, NV 89706
Carson District Office
2533 N. Carson Street, Suite 200
Carson City, NV 89701
The Carson City District Attorney's Office will continue to distribute applications for child support services and forward completed applications to the Division of Welfare and Supportive Services. The following items MUST be included with the completed application in order for enforcement action to begin:
- Copy of picture identification;
- Copy of children(s) birth certificate(s);
- Copy of certified copy of child support order and/or divorce decree (if applicable);
- Copy of all health insurance information (if applicable);
- Copy of any other pertinent child support documents;
- Photograph of the noncustodial parent, if available;
Please note that at least one document included in the application package must be notarized. Do not sign documents requiring notarization until you are in the presence of a notary public.