From time to time articles related to fire safety, emergency medical services, and fire incidents appear in local news publications. This page lets you read each article. Simply click on the article title to see the full story.
(Nevada Appeal, Sunday, September 21, 2003) Motorcycle rider puts head through window in front of Cactus Jack's A motorcyclist was taken by Care Flight helicopter to Washoe Medical Center in Reno Saturday afternoon after he allegedly sped into the side of a Jeep on Carson Street, according to Carson City Sheriff's Deputy Brian Mays.
(Nevada Appeal, Saturday, September 20, 2003) Power line downed by tree limb A tree limb at a home on the west side of Carson City fell and took down a power pole Friday afternoon, temporarily disrupting power to surrounding homes.
(Nevada Appeal, Tuesday, August 26, 2003) Welding ignites small vent fire at Ormsby House A small fire that started about 11 a.m. Monday in a vent along the back wall of the Ormsby House was quickly extinguished. Welders trying to cut out a vent as part of the building's renovation project ignited lint in the process. The minor fire burned itself out, but not before flames shot out of the vent in the back of the building.
(Nevada Appeal, Saturday, August 16, 2003) Shooter at Carson rifle range set 4 acres ablaze A brush fire behind the city landfill quickly climbed a hill and grew to 4 acres Friday. The fire, which started about 5:15 p.m., likely started by someone firing at the Carson Rifle Range, a BLM fire officer said.
(Nevada Appeal, Monday, August 11, 2003) Match heads suspected in landfill fire A fire burned a quarter-acre of garbage at the Carson City Sanitary Landfill Sunday afternoon. Landfill Manager Marnell Heinz suspected a garbage bag full of match heads as the cause.
(Nevada Appeal, Thursday, June 19, 2003) Warren Engine Company hosts 140th annual dinner Camaraderie reigned Tuesday night at Warren Engine Co. No. 1 volunteer fire department's 140th annual dinner as old-timers exchanged "war stories" of spectacular long-ago fires and new officers were installed.
(Nevada Appeal, Saturday, June 7, 2003) Cheney honored by local law enforcement The final call for badge No. 174 Dean Cheney came Friday morning as the former Warren Engine Company fireman and 48-year Carson City resident was laid to rest.
(Nevada Appeal, Tuesday, May 13, 2003) Fire guts Carson mobile home Firefighters were unable to save a Carson City mobile home on Monday, but they managed to revive a kitten found in the smoldering debris.
(Nevada Appeal, Tuesday, April 22, 2003) Storage fire briefly closes eatery A mop sitting too close to a hot water heater pilot light caused a small fire at the Cracker Box Restaurant early Monday morning, a fire official said.