Road Report as of October 1, 2015. The following information applies to the period of October 5-11:
Utility work will continue during daytime hours, Monday through Thursday, with flagger controlled traffic at the following locations:
• Intersection of Fleischmann Way and Division Street will be closed. Detours signed.
• Fleischmann Way between Mountain Street and Division Street.
• Mountain Street between Fleischmann Way and Long Street.
• Long Street between Mountain Street and Division Street.
• Division Street between John Street and Long Street. Local access only. Detours signed.
• Sierra Circle.
• Hillside Way.
• Miller Way.
• Pine View Way.
• Lane Circle.
The Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) will continue bridge maintenance on the Carson City Freeway (I-580) with nightly lane closures and intermittent on and off ramp closures during weeknights from 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
NDOT will continue paving operations on I-580 in Washoe Valley. Beginning Friday, October 9, at 8:00 p.m., through Monday, October 12, at 5:30 a.m., there will be a lane closure in both directions of I-580 from the Eastlake Boulevard interchange to the Bowers Mansion Road interchange.
Oregon Street will continue to be closed Monday through Thursday to through traffic between Roop Street and Wright Way. Detours will be signed, and access to the DMV will be available from Wright Way off of Stewart Street.
Race Track Road will continue to be closed between Bigelow Drive and Schulz Drive due to utility work. Detours will be signed.
The intersection of Cochise Street and Overland Street, as well as Overland Street between Cochise Street and Voltaire Street, will be closed to through traffic Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Detours will be signed.
Utility work will continue Monday through Thursday at the following locations:
• Shoulder work on Washington Street between Ormsby Boulevard and Mountain Street.
• Bulette Drive and Bunker Hill Drive will both be closed at Washington Street during daytime hours. Detours will be signed.
• The north shoulder of Snyder Avenue between Oak Street and Bigelow Drive.
• Near the north shoulder of Applegate Way and the east shoulder of Imperial Way (Monday-Friday).
There will be work on the east side of Hillview Drive just north of Appion Way. Minimal delays are expected.
Due to sidewalk improvements, there will be lane closures at the following locations:
• Long Street between Carson Street and Stewart Street.
• The outside northbound lane on Carson Street between Park Street and Long Street.
• Fall Street at Long Street.
• Peters Street at Long Street.
The Nevada Department of Transportation will continue construction of drainage improvements on U.S. Highway 50 West between the two truck ramps (just west of U.S. 395 to Sierra Highlands Drive). There will be lane closures Monday through Friday, but the roadway will remain open to traffic in both directions.
Clear Creek Avenue remains closed to through traffic between Lynette Lane and Center Drive due to utility work. Detours are signed and the JAC bus stop on Clear Creek Avenue is temporarily relocated near the intersection of Frontage Road and Clear Creek Avenue.
Work on the construction of the Carson City Freeway continues. Please use caution in the areas around the construction site, particularly along S. Carson Street.
Daniel Doenges, PTP
Senior Transportation Planner
Carson City Public Works
3505 Butti Way
Carson City, NV 89701