In order to process garnishments more efficiently, new procedures have been implemented in the Civil Division.
In the past, we have made accommodations for incomplete garnishment packets. The follow up phone calls, production of copies and other activities associated with processing incomplete packets has impacted our ability to quickly process garnishments for all of our clients. To help us improve our service, we will now require that packets be complete. If they are incomplete, they will be immediately sent back. The following is a list of items that must be included in garnishment packets:
· Please insure that the service address is located within Carson City. Mailing addresses do not insure actual garnishee (employer) location. Carson City addresses with the following zip codes may actually be located in other jurisdictions:
89706 (could be Lyon County)
· Letter of Instruction to the Sheriff, which must include the defendant’s last known address.
· Original or Certified Copy of Writ of Execution plus 3 copies.
· Service fee check in the correct amount, made payable to the Carson City Sheriff’s Office. For correct service fee information, please see Cost/Fee Schedule.
· $5.00 check made payable to the garnishee (employer) or bank. For those going to the State of Nevada, the check must be made payable to State of Nevada.
· Pursuant to Nevada Revised Statutes, no Social Security Number may be listed on any documents, including the Letter of Instruction.
· Notice of Execution must be included with the Writ.
We are happy to respond to your inquiries regarding new and established garnishments, however, in order to reduce interruptions and speed up garnishment processing, we are asking that any garnishment inquiries be directed to a specific phone number and e-mail address. You will be asked to leave a message with your request when calling. All inquiries, by phone or email, will be answered Monday through Friday between the hours of 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. The garnishment inquiry phone number is (775) 283-7835 and the email address is CCSOCivil@ci.carson-city.nv.us.
We understand the importance to our clients of getting garnishments processed quickly, having access to case information and receiving garnishment payments timely. We are actively pursuing tools and processes that will allow us to better meet your needs. To that end, we anticipate additional changes to our processes in the near future. Changes that will provide a better result for you!
Thank you for your continued support and cooperation.
Last updated: 6/11/2010 8:40:22 AM