CARSON CITY CONSOLIDATED MUNICIPALITY
NOTICE OF MEETING OF THE
CARSON CITY AUDIT COMMITTEE
Date: January 10, 2012
Time: Beginning at 3:00 p.m.
Location: Community Center, Sierra Room
851 East William Street
Carson City, Nevada
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Public Comments and Discussion:
The public is invited at this time to comment on and discuss any topic that is relevant to, or within the authority of, the Carson City Audit Committee. In order for members of the public to participate in the Committee=s consideration of an agenda item, the Committee strongly encourages members of the public to comment on an agenda item during the item itself. No action may be taken on a matter raised under public comment unless the item has been specifically included on the agenda as an item upon which action may be taken.
4. For Possible Action: Approval of Minutes - November 29, 2011
5. For Possible Action: Adoption of Agenda
6. For Possible Action: To direct staff to start the Request for Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) process for the appointment of the independent auditors to be engaged by the board of supervisors for external reporting and recommend to the board of supervisors the related audit fees. (Nick Providenti, Finance Director)
Staff Summary: NRS 364.624 requires that the City name an external auditor for the upcoming fiscal year by March 31 (in this case, FY 2013 auditors would need to be approved by the Board by March 31, 2012). Chapter 2.14.040(3)(b) of the Carson City Municipal Codes states one of the duties of the Audit Committee is to "Oversee the appointment of the independent auditors to be engaged by the board of supervisors for external reporting and establish the related audit fees; review and evaluate the performance of the independent auditors and establish a regular schedule for periodically re-bidding the annual audit."
7. For Possible Action: To approve Chairman Bertrand's recommendation for contract award to Moss-Adams LLP for the Carson City 2011 Internal Audit Function and authorize staff to prepare a Contract and Board Action Form for Board of Supervisors approval.
Staff Summary: Carson City received sealed Statement of Qualifications (S.O.Q.) to perform the City's Audit function on November 18, 2011 at 11:00 a.m. The S.O.Q. was e-mailed to Certified Public Accountants that performed Municipal Audits, published in the Nevada Appeal and posted on Carson City's website on October 28, 2011. Final firm selection was made by Carson City Board of Supervisors on Thursday, December 15, 2011. Staff and Chairman Bertrand negotiated with the Moss-Adams LLP firm for the 2011 Internal Audit Function scope of work and schedule.
8. For Possible Action: To schedule the next meeting of the Carson City Audit Committee.
9. Public Comment - The public is invited at this time to comment on any matter that is not specifically included on the agenda as an action item. No action may be taken on a matter raised under this item of the agenda.
10. For Possible Action: To Adjourn
Agenda Management Notice - Items on the agenda may be taken out of order; the public body may combine two or more agenda items for consideration; and the public body may remove an item from the agenda or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time.
Titles of agenda items are intended to identify specific matters. If you desire detailed information concerning any subject matter itemized within this agenda, you are encouraged to call the responsible agency or the City Manager's Office. You are encouraged to attend this meeting and participate by commenting on any agendized item.
Notice to persons with disabilities: Members of the public who are disabled and require special assistance or accommodations at the meeting are requested to notify the City Manager's Office in writing at 201 North Carson Street, Carson City, NV, 89701, or by calling (775)887-2100 at least 24 hours in advance.
This meeting can be viewed on Channel 226. For specific dates and times - www.bactv.org.
This notice has been posted at the following locations:
Community Center 851 East William Street
Public Safety Complex 885 East Musser Street
City Hall 201 North Carson Street
Carson City Library 900 North Roop Street
Business Resource & Innovation Center (BRIC) 108 East Proctor Street
Date: January 4, 2012