CARSON CITY CONSOLIDATED MUNICIPALITY
NOTICE OF MEETING OF THE
CARSON CITY AUDIT COMMITTEE
Date: February 14, 2012
Time: Beginning at 3:00 p.m.
Location: Community Center, Sierra Room
851 East William Street
Carson City, Nevada
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Public Comments and Discussion:
The public is invited at this time to comment on and discuss any topic that is relevant to, or within the authority of, the Carson City Audit Committee. In order for members of the public to participate in the Committee=s consideration of an agenda item, the Committee strongly encourages members of the public to comment on an agenda item during the item itself. No action may be taken on a matter raised under public comment unless the item has been specifically included on the agenda as an item upon which action may be taken.
4. For Possible Action: Approval of Minutes - January 10, 2012
5. For Possible Action: Adoption of Agenda
6. As part of the internal audit function, the auditor will be performing using a significant portion of the budget to assess where there may by the greatest opportunity for improvement in performance. At this time, we invite the public to be part of that analysis and provide recommendations that will help the auditor in that process. Any comments and recommendations made today will not be acted upon unless they come as an agenda item at the next meeting. At this time, the committee asks if anyone of the public would like to step forward and make any comments or recommendations.
7. Vice Chairman Prowse to report on status of contract with Moss Adams.
8. For Possible Action: Approve the Finance Review and Selection Committee's (consisting of the City Manager, and staff from the Finance Department including the Finance Director, the Deputy Finance Director and an Accounting Manager) recommendation for contract award to Kafoury, Armstrong & Co. Certified Public Accountants for the Carson City External Audit Function and authorize staff to prepare a Contract and Board Action Form for Board of Supervisors approval.
9. For Possible Action: To schedule the next meeting of the Carson City Audit Committee.
10. Public Comment - The public is invited at this time to comment on any matter that is not specifically included on the agenda as an action item. No action may be taken on a matter raised under this item of the agenda.
11. For Possible Action: To Adjourn
Agenda Management Notice - Items on the agenda may be taken out of order; the public body may combine two or more agenda items for consideration; and the public body may remove an item from the agenda or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time.
Titles of agenda items are intended to identify specific matters. If you desire detailed information concerning any subject matter itemized within this agenda, you are encouraged to call the responsible agency or the City Manager's Office. You are encouraged to attend this meeting and participate by commenting on any agendized item.
Notice to persons with disabilities: Members of the public who are disabled and require special assistance or accommodations at the meeting are requested to notify the City Manager's Office in writing at 201 North Carson Street, Carson City, NV, 89701, or by calling (775)887-2100 at least 24 hours in advance.
This meeting can be viewed on Channel 226. For specific dates and times - www.bactv.org.
This notice has been posted at the following locations:
Community Center 851 East William Street
Public Safety Complex 885 East Musser Street
City Hall 201 North Carson Street
Carson City Library 900 North Roop Street
Business Resource & Innovation Center (BRIC) 108 East Proctor Street
Date: February 8, 2012