By way of keeping you informed, listed below are ten typical causes of structure fires. Awareness is a key to prevention. Consider these as you check your home or business.
- Short circuit, ground faults.
- Combustibles placed too close to heat source.
- Unlawful incendiary.
- Abandoned, discarded heat source (ashes from cigarettes, fireplace, wood stove placed in combustible material or container.
- Equipment unattended.
- Failure to clean (creosote in chimney, dryer lint, etc.).
- Heat sources too close to combustibles.
- Children playing with heat sources.
- Installed too close to combustibles.
- Accidentally turned on, not turned off.