Murphy-Bernardini Regional Juvenile Detention Center
The Murphy-Bernardini Regional Juvenile Detention Center is a regional facility serving Carson City and Storey County. The Murphy-Bernardini Regional Juvenile Detention Center is a 16 bed facility for the temporary housing of Juveniles pending disposition in the Juvenile Court.
The Murphy-Bernardini Regional Juvenile Detention Center works with the Carson City School District who provides one full-time teacher to instruct the youth while housed in the facility. This allows any youth to remain current on their school work while housed.
The Murphy-Bernardini Regional Juvenile Detention Center implements various programs while youth are housed in the facility. These programs include but are not limited to Physical Education, life skills training, positive decision making, religious programs, Narcotics Anonymous, and Alcoholic Anonymous. Every youth is rated daily for participation, production, and attitude.
The Murphy-Bernardini Regional Juvenile Detention Center has one full-time cook who creates nutritious meals for the youth housed in the facility. The menu is based upon the accepted standards of the National Hot Lunch Program through the Department of Education.
The Murphy-Bernardini Regional Juvenile Detention Center is contracted with Carson City Health and Human Services who provides medical personnel to tend to any medical issues a youth has while housed in the Detention Center.
Detention Center Goals:
• To provide for the youth’s basic needs: Shelter, food, clothing, and medical care.
• To prevent abridgment of the youth’s rights during his/her stay in the Detention Center.
• Through various educational, social, and recreational programs, to provide for physical, emotional, and social needs of youth during detainment.
• To safely and efficiently escort youth to Court Hearings and other Agency functions.
• To administer Detention’s programs, rules, discipline, and controls in a firm, fair, and consistent manner.
• To minimize a youth’s possible attitude of “Making good” only during detention, and to nurture and encourage an attitude of “Making good” in his/her society and environment upon being released.
Scott Davis, Deputy Chief-Detention
Located at: 1545 East 5th Street, Carson City, NV 89701
Contact us at: Ph: (775) 887-2034 Fax: (775) 887-2117