• By Albert Depew

Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Where is the Department of Alternative Sentencing located?
We are located next door to the Sheriff’s Office, in the Carson City Courthouse, 885 E. Musser St., Carson City, NV, on the second floor, south of the elevators.

What are your office hours?
The office is open from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., weekdays except legal holidays. 

When must I check in for monthly reporting?
You must check in, in person, between the 1st and the 5th of each month.  Check in hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.  The office is closed weekends and holidays, so check the calendar. There is no “late” check in days and no grace periods for days the office is closed.

What do I need for my monthly check in?
You need to bring your probation fees ($50.00 per month) and fill out a monthly reporting form. You also may need to bring in a counseling report, evaluation or proof of enrollment or completion of other court ordered programs. 
Monthly reporting form          

What happens if I do not report?
The Department of Alternative Sentencing will notify the court and request a warrant of arrest be issued for Failure to Report as Required. 

Do you accept checks?
Sorry, we do not accept checks. You may pay in cash, by credit card or debit card. Electronic checks are accepted as online payments. 

Where do I go for Court ordered evaluations or classes?

Substance Abuse Evaluation Centers       DUI Schools

Where can I get information on the Felony DUI Court Program?
DUI Court Program

Where can I find information on an Interlock Device for my vehicle?
Click here for Nevada State Approved Interlock Providers . 

When is the next Victim Impact Panel? Is there a cost to attend?
The cost of the class is $40.00 cash only. You must be alcohol and drug free to attend.
Click here for Victim Impact Panel information.  

What are my probation guidelines? 
Probation Guidelines          

How do I find out about Alcoholics Anonymous meetings for Carson City ? 
AA Northern Nevada          AA Meeting Sign-In Sheet 

Can I make online payments for my Court ordered fines and fees, Alternative Sentencing fees, or for parking ticket payments? 
Yes, you can make payments online by accessing the Carson City Treasurer's Office Online Payment page by clicking here

May I travel while on Supervision? 
You may be allowed to travel, depending on your conditions placed upon you. You will need to complete a Travel Request Form and have it signed by both Alternative Sentencing and your Counselor. 

Travel Request Form

Probationers seeking permission to travel must submit this form ONE WEEK prior to our office for approval for a planned vacation, work-related, or family-related travel. 


Probationers on house arrest are not eligible for travel unless there is a documented family emergency or permission from the courts. The following requirements must be met for permission to travel: 

1.  All fees must be current:  Probation, fines and/or treatment must be current. 

2.  Treatment attendance must be current, all sessions that will be missed while traveling must be preapproved by your counselor. 

3.  Clients must show adequate progress in treatment: good attendance and participation are a must with positive behavior change noted by counseling staff.  Travel plans must be discussed with your counselor in advance and have her/his approval. 



Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer