COVID- 19: For Health and Human Services Updates CLICK HERE.   

Business Resources

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

For businesses trying to figure out their legal obligations with respect to Governor Sisolak's directive that all "non-essential" businesses are to close, an emergency regulation has been approved that helps answer those questions.  Here is a link to that regulation.

The District Attorney's office is available to assist businesses with questions.  Attorneys are prohibited from giving specific legal advice to private businesses, but can help get you or your private attorney pointed in the right direction to find the answer. Call us at 775.887.2070 or e-mail me at  Messages will be monitored over the weekend of March 21 and 22 and we will try to respond as quickly as possible."

For information on the Nevada Health Response COVID-19 Risk Mitigation Initiative and “essential and non-essential services and sectors"  please visit

For guidance for mining, construction, and manufacturing please visit

For information and guidance for food establishments visit

Declaration of Emergency Directive 003

Emergency Regulation

Can I get a building permit or inspections for new or current construction?
When can get my business license renewal?
Can my business operate during the Governor’s order to close all “non-essential” businesses?
When can get my business license renewal?

Carson City Community Development offices, located at 108 E. Proctor Street, are closed for walk-in services but remain open to process building permits, business licenses, and zoning permits. Applications may be submitted through the online permit portal at Those who need assistance can contact the applicable division by phone or email as follows:

• Building Permits: 887-2310 or 
• Business License: 887-2105 or 
• Planning & Zoning: 887-2180 or 
• Code Enforcement: 887-2599 or 
• Development Engineering: 887-2300 or