EFFECTIVE MAY 1, 2020, THE CARSON CITY MARRIAGE BUREAU WILL BE OPEN TUESDAYS AND THURSDAYS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
TO FILE YOUR NOTARY BOND, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
· Call for an appointment at 775-887-2084.
· The location to submit your bond is temporarily located at the Senior Center within the Joshua Tree room at 911 Beverly Drive, Carson City, NV, 89706. Parking and the entrance to the room will be located on the EAST side of the building.
· Each appointment must be completed within a 30 minute window, so please be sure to arrive promptly to ensure your transaction is completed within the allotted time.
· Bring the following items:
1. Surety Bond indicating your name and Carson City as your residence.
2. Identification; such as your Driver’s License.
3. The cost is $20.00 (VISA or MC credit card only), which will incur a 3% transaction fee. Cash or checks will not be accepted.
Becoming a Notary Public in the State of Nevada is a multi-step process.
The Application for Appointment as a Notary Public is available to download from the Secretary of State website. Click here to begin the application process and obtain step-by-step instructions.
You will need to attend a notary training class online or in person. Click Here for the Secretary of State's recently implemented on-line notary training instructions.
After you have obtained an original surety bond, in the amount of $10,000 to the State of Nevada, you will file the original bond with the county clerk in the county you reside. Identification and/or proof of residency may be required at the time of filing. For a complete listing of Nevada County Clerks' offices click here. The county clerk's filing fee is $20.00.
Please note, if you are applying as a non-resident notary there are additional requirements by the Secretary of State. Please review these requirements prior to filing your surety bond with the county clerk.
Once the bond has been filed, the county clerk will issue you a filing notice. The filing notice will need to be submitted to the Secretary of State with your notary application and any additional required documents and fees. The Secretary of State is responsible for the appointment of notaries within the State of Nevada.
The Carson City Clerk's office is located at:
885 E Musser Street, Suite 1025, Carson City, Nevada 89701