2019 LIMB & LEAF PICKUP: Due to the overwhelming response to this year's program, pickups will continue into next week until completed. No new requests are being taken at this time. Thank you for helping us keep our city clean!

District Court Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

What are the office hours of the District Court Clerk's office?          

The District Court Clerk's office is open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.

How do I get a copy of my divorce decree or other copies?

Photocopies are 50¢ per page.  Copies of documents may be obtained upon payment of the appropriate fees either in person during regular office hours, or by writing or calling the District Court Clerk's office to obtain the purchase amount.  Please include the case number and the names of the parties to the case when making inquiries.  If you do not know your case number, refer to "How do I request a record search?" found below.

Certified copies are $5.00 each if the Clerk's Office is presented with the copy of the document to be certified.  If the Clerk's Office must make a copy from the Court's original, the fee is 50¢ per page for photocopying plus an additional $3.00 per document for certification.

Exemplified copies are $6.00 each if the Clerk's Office is presented with a copy of the document to be exemplified.  If the Clerk's Office must make a copy from the Court's original, the fee is 50¢ per page for photocopying plus an additional $6.00 per document for exemplification.

How do I request a record search?

A record search can be done in person or in writing.  The fee for a record search is 50¢ per year, per name, and must be paid at the time the request for record search is made.  If your request is made in writing, please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope which will be used to report our findings to you.

Can I review a sealed file?

The Clerk cannot permit the examination of any sealed file except by order of the Court.

Do you have the forms to file a divorce?

For Nevada Supreme Court Standardized Divorce Forms please click here.

Can you tell me how to file my own divorce?

We are prohibited by law from giving any legal advice.  We cannot give you instructions on filing your divorce or answer any questions on the accuracy of your papers or how to present your case to the judge.  If you intend to represent yourself, without the assistance of an attorney, you must have the knowledge to prepare and file the proper pleadings and present your case to the court.  We advise you to consult an attorney if you have any questions or are unsure as to what you need to do.  For further assistance please see our Additional Legal Resources page.

How do I file an Answer when I have been served with a summons?

The District Court Clerk does not have a form for filing an Answer and cannot assist you on how to file an Answer.  We are prohibited by law from giving any legal advice.  Consult an attorney for any assistance.  There is a fee associated with the filing of an Answer.   Please see Fee Schedule Page.

How do I get a case set for court hearing?

To set a case for hearing or trial you must file the Notice to Set in accordance with the First Judicial District Court Rules.

Can I file my pleadings by fax?

Only original documents are accepted for filing.  Faxed documents are not accepted for filing, except by specific Court order.

If I have deposited funds with the Court, what is the procedure for their release?

The Clerk must have an Order from the Court before funds are disbursed.

If I deposit funds with the Court, will I receive interest on my money?

Money will be deposited in the Court Clerk's Trust Fund (interest collected by the County), unless the Clerk receives a written Court order directing the Clerk to deposit the funds into an interest-bearing account.

How can I collect a judgment that has been entered in my favor?

It is up to the individual who has been awarded a judgment to take the steps necessary to enforce the judgment.  Several procedures such as liens on real property, execution and garnishment are available for collecting judgments.  Because these procedures are sometimes complicated, we recommend that a person consult with an attorney if possible.