With over 31 acres of developed turf and non-turf plots, nearly 10,000 headstones and 500 trees the Parks, Recreation & Open Space Department is fortunate to have the help of some wonderful volunteers. They assist with grounds keeping, general upkeep and special event days. We have several groups and various individuals that help out annually and even daily. The efforts of these volunteers play a vital role in helping maintain Lone Mountain Cemetery’s historic character.
Thank you to these awesome volunteers!
• Carson High School NJROTC (Fall Clean Up and headstone edging 2017)
• College Parkway Home Depot (Veteran’s Day Flag placement and pick up)
• Don Quillici, Carson City Sheriff’s Office work crew
• Don White, Juvenile Detention community service work crew
• And a special thanks to Rex Jennings who opens the gate, locks up, and raises and lowers the flag 7 days a week. We are very great full for his dedication and daily help.
Any groups or individuals interested in volunteering at Lone Mountain Cemetery or any of our city parks please contact Carson City Parks, Rec. and Open Space: