Welcome to the Carson Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (CAMPO)
The Role of Carson Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (CAMPO)
The U.S. Census Bureau designated the Carson City urbanized area in 2002. In 2003, the Governor of Nevada designated CAMPO as the agency responsible for metropolitan transportation planning in the Carson City urbanized area, which consists of Carson City, northern Douglas County, and western Lyon County. CAMPO is responsible for creating and updating the following documents:
The UPWP is a statement of work identifying the planning priorities and activities to be undertaken within the CAMPO planning area. The UPWP includes a description of planning work and resulting products, details on whom will perform the work, the timeframe for completing each of the work elements, the cost of each of the work elements and the source of funding for each of the work elements.
The TIP is a prioritized listing of transportation projects covering a period of four years that is developed and formally adopted by CAMPO as part of the metropolitan transportation planning process.
The RTP is the official multimodal transportation plan that addresses a minimum 20-year planning horizon that is developed, adopted and updated by CAMPO through the transportation planning process.
The PPP is developed in consultation with all interested parties and describes the procedures, strategies and desired outcomes of the public participation process as it pertains to the CAMPO transportation planning process.
The CAMPO Board is the official governing body that approves and directs recommendations to staff. The Board is comprised of seven voting members from Carson City, Douglas County and Lyon County, and one Nevada Department of Transportation non-voting ex officio member. Each voting Board member is appointed by their respective county.
CAMPO Board Member and Governmental Body Represented
- Mr. Mark Kimbrough, Chairperson, Carson City
- Mr. Gregory Stedfield, Vice-Chairperson, Carson City
- Mrs. Lori Bagwell, Carson City
- Mr. Brad Bonkowski, Carson City
- Mr. Bob Hastings, Lyon County
- Mr. Chas Macquarie, Carson City
- Mr. Barry Penzel, Douglas County
- Mrs. Sondra Rosenberg*, Nevada Department of Transportation *non-voting ex-officio member
In addition, Carson City Public Works employees provide the staffing for the CAMPO operations. The Transportation Manager is the principle staff person for administration of all CAMPO activities. The transportation planners primarily prepare federally required CAMPO planning documents and are responsible for completing CAMPO's Unified Planning Work Program. The Transit Coordinator is responsible for verifying and applying for FTA and FHWA funds, and is the primary contact person for duties related to CAMPO's role as the Designated Recipient and Grantee. The CAMPO staff includes:
- Lucia Maloney, Transportation Manager
- Dirk Goering, Senior Transportation Planner
- Dan Anderson, Transportation Planner
- Kelly Norman,Transportation Planner
- Alex Cruz, Transit Coordinator
- Chris Martinovich, Transportation / Traffic Engineer
CAMPO meets the second Wednesday of every month at 4:30 p.m. in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 East William Street. We invite you to learn more about CAMPO by joining us at an upcoming meeting!
CAMPO Board Meetings
The CAMPO Board meets the second Wednesday of every month at 4:30 p.m. in the Sierra Room of the Carson Carson City Community Center 851 East William Street.
We invite you to learn more about CAMPO by joining us at an upcoming meeting!
Nevada Unified Certification Program (NUCP)
CAMPO is a voting member of NUCP, for the purpose of certifying Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs) who wish to participate in U.S. Department of Transportation-assisted projects in the State of Nevada.
Meetings of the NUCP Committee are generally held on the last Tuesday of each month, at 10:00 a.m. Physical meeting locations rotate each month between the northern and southern parts of the state, but there is opportunity to attend by conference call as well. For the next meeting location and agenda, click here.
Federally Required Documents
- CAMPO Public Participation Plan
- CAMPO FFY 2018-21 Transportation Improvement Program
- CAMPO FY 2019-2020 Unified Planning Work Program
- CAMPO 2040 Regional Transportation Plan
Plans, Studies, and Conceptual Designs
- Carson City's 2020 ADA Transition Plan for Pedestrian Facilities in the Public Right-of-Way
- Carson City Freeway Corridor Multi-Use Path Alignment Study - Pt. 1
- Carson City Freeway Corridor Multi-Use Path Alignment Study - Pt. 2
- CAMPO Travel Demand Model Validation Report (2015)
JAC Related Documents
- CAMPO Fare & Service Change Policy
- Notice of Protection Under Title VI
- Title VI Complaint Form
- Title VI Program for JAC FFY 2020-2022
Active Transportation Documents
- Bicycle Friendly Community Report Card (2014)
- Bicycle Friendly Community Report Card (2018)
- CAMPO Complete Streets Performance Monitoring Program
- CAMPO Policies & Procedures
- CAMPO Obligation Report
- CAMPO Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program
- CAMPO Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) FFY 2020-22 Goal
Click here to access the electronic Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (eSTIP)
Functional Classification Map
The following is a list of functional classification maps detailing the roadway network for areas that lie completely or partially within the CAMPO metropolitan planning area.
- Carson City Urbanized Area
- Carson City (North Detail)
- Carson City (South Detail)
- Douglas County
- Lyon County
- Lyon County (Detail)
Links & Resources
On this page you will find links to more information about regional transportation planning and our planning partners. If you cannot find the information you are looking for, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to assist you!
Local Transit Agencies
- Jump Around Carson (JAC)
- Regional Transportation Commission of Washoe County
- Tahoe Transportation District
- State of Nevada
- Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT)
- Nevada Division of Conservation Districts
- Nevada Division of Environmental Protection
- Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- The Bureau of Transportation Statistics, US DOT
- US Census Bureau
- US Department of Transportation
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Home Page
Other MPOs in Nevada
- Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada
- Regional Transportation Commission of Washoe County
- Tahoe Metropolitan Planning Organization (TMPO)
- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO)
- American Planning Association (APA)
- American Public Transportation Association (APTA)
- Association of Metropolitan Planning Organizations (AMPO)
- Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)
- National Transit Database (NTD)
- Transportation Research Board (TRB)
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Western Nevada Safe Routes to School Facebook
If you have questions or need more information about CAMPO, we would be happy to assist you.
Please email Comments@CarsonAreaMPO.com, or contact us at:
Carson Area Metropolitan Planning Organization
3505 Butti Way
Carson City, NV, 89701
Para informacion en español por favor llame al telefono (775) 887-2103 o por correo electronico Comments@CarsonAreaMPO.com.