CARSON CITY CONSOLIDATED MUNICIPALITY
NOTICE OF MEETING OF THE
CARSON CITY AUDIT COMMITTEE
Date: November 29, 2011
Time: Beginning at 3:00 p.m.
Location: Community Center, Sierra Room
851 East William Street
Carson City, Nevada
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Public Comments and Discussion:
The public is invited at this time to comment on and discuss any topic that is relevant to, or within the authority of, the Carson City Audit Committee. In order for members of the public to participate in the Committee's consideration of an agenda item, the Committee strongly encourages members of the public to comment on an agenda item during the item itself. No action may be taken on a matter raised under public comment unless the item has been specifically included on the agenda as an item upon which action may be taken.
4. For Possible Action: Approval of Minutes - September 27, 2011 and October 25, 2011
5. For Possible Action: Adoption of Agenda
6. Invite candidates Lorraine Bagwell, Piercy Bowler Taylor and Kern and Moss-Adams LLP for the internal audit position to give a brief three minute statement and to answer questions of the Audit Committee. Competing candidates shall be excluded from the public meeting until they have completed their question and answer period.
7. For Possible Action: Each Committee member will publicly rank the candidates. Chairman shall tally the ranking and call for a motion and vote to recommend to the Board of Supervisors the highest ranked candidate. The process will be repeated until one candidate receives a majority vote for recommendation.
8. For Possible Action: To schedule the next meeting of the Carson City Audit Committee.
9. Public Comment - The public is invited at this time to comment on any matter that is not specifically included on the agenda as an action item. No action may be taken on a matter raised under this item of the agenda.
10. For Possible Action: To Adjourn
Agenda Management Notice - Items on the agenda may be taken out of order; the public body may combine two or more agenda items for consideration; and the public body may remove an item from the agenda or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time.
Titles of agenda items are intended to identify specific matters. If you desire detailed information concerning any subject matter itemized within this agenda, you are encouraged to call the responsible agency or the City Manager's Office. You are encouraged to attend this meeting and participate by commenting on any agendized item.
Notice to persons with disabilities: Members of the public who are disabled and require special assistance or accommodations at the meeting are requested to notify the City Manager's Office in writing at 201 North Carson Street, Carson City, NV, 89701, or by calling (775)887-2100 at least 24 hours in advance.
This meeting can be viewed on Channel 226. For specific dates and times - www.bactv.org.
This notice has been posted at the following locations:
Community Center 851 East William Street
Public Safety Complex 885 East Musser Street
City Hall 201 North Carson Street
Carson City Library 900 North Roop Street
Business Resource & Innovation Center (BRIC) 108 East Proctor Street
Date: November 21, 2011