COVID- 19: For Health and Human Services Updates CLICK HERE.   

Emergency Contact Information

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
Anytime you find yourself in a situation that requires an emergency response from a law enforcement agency, a fire department, or an ambulance service you should call 911. As a general rule, if you face a situation where you are trying to decide whether to dial 911 or not, DIAL 911, it is always better to be safe than risk the chance of not getting the help you need, when you need it.

If you have a situation that you need to report, but the incident is a past event and non-threatening (not in progress, suspects are unknown or not seen), i.e., theft of personal property, past criminal mischief/vandalism, a theft from an auto that occurred during the night, then you may want to contact the law enforcement agency to report the incident by calling in on the Carson City Sheriff's Office administrative phone line at 887-2500. Again, anytime you are unsure of when to dial 911, it is always better to dial 911 than risk not getting help when you need it.

Emergency Telephone Numbers

Telephone Number
 Sheriff's Department  911
 Fire Department  911
 Environmental Health Department
(8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
 (775) 887-2190
Environmental Health Department (After hours)
 (775) 887-2677 (Sheriff Dispatch)
 Animal Services
(8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
 (775) 887-2171
 Animal Services (After hours) 
 (775) 887-2677 (Sheriff Dispatch)
 (775) 882-1361
 Street Operations
(8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
 (775) 887-2345
 Street Operations (after 5:30 p.m.)  (775) 887-2677 (Sheriff Dispatch)
 Sewer Maintenance
(8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
 (775) 887-2360
 Sewer Maintenance (After hours)  (775) 887-2677 (Sheriff Dispatch)
 Water Maintenance
(8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
 (775) 887-2355
 Water Maintenance (After hours)  (775) 887-2677 (Sheriff Dispatch)
 Emergency Management  (775) 887-2210, ext. 1005