Welcome to the Consolidated Municipality of Carson City's social media pages. The purpose of these pages is to present matters of public interest concerning departmental programs, activities, news, stories and photos. Please see our policy regarding the use of the Consolidated Municipality of Carson City's social media pages.
Social Media Policy
A comment posted by a member of the public on this page is the opinion of the commentator or poster only, and publication of a comment does not imply endorsement of, or agreement by, Carson City, nor do such comments necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of the City. The City disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for any materials that the City deems inappropriate for posting which cannot be removed in an expeditious or otherwise timely manner. The City reserves the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed in violation of this policy or any applicable law. Any articles, messages, posts, comments, images, video or other content containing any of the following shall not be allowed and may be removed as soon as possible:
1. Comments not topically related to the particular article or post being commented on;
2. Comments in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures;
3. Profane language or content;
4. Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
5. Sexual content or links to sexual content;
6. Solicitations of commerce;
7. Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
8. Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems; or
9. Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party.
The intended purpose of this page is to deliver news and event information from the Consolidated Municipality of Carson City to people who are interested in our programs and activities. This page is not the primary method of communication with the City, and any notices or requests for City services must be made via official communication methods identified on the City’s website, or by traditional methods of notification recognized by the City, and no comments or posts on this page will be construed as providing notice to the City of any claim, deficiency, dangerous condition, request, or otherwise.